Approximately 166mg sodium per 4 oz. serving*
1 12 to 14 lb. turkey, giblets removed
3 carrots, chopped
1 stalk celery, chopped
2 medium onions, cut into wedges
6 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
¾ tsp SALT FOR LIFE® 75
¼ tsp black pepper
1 cup cold water
YIELD: 8-10 servings (with leftovers)
Heat oven to 425°F. Rinse the turkey inside and out, and pat it dry with paper towels.
1. Place the wings underneath the body. If desired, tie the drumsticks together using kitchen string.
2. Place the carrots, celery and onions in a metal roasting pan. Transfer the turkey to a wire rack and place it on top of the vegetables.
3. Drizzle the skin with the butter and, using your fingers, spread it evenly. Season with the SALT FOR LIFE® 75 and pepper.
4. Roast the turkey, uncovered, until browned, 30 to 45 minutes.
5. Add 1 cup cold water to pan. Cover the turkey loosely with foil.
6. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F. Roast until a thermometer inserted in a thigh registers 180°F, about 2 hours total.
7. Let the turkey rest for a least 30 minutes before carving.
* Sodium content is based on usage of the exact ingredients listed. Different brands of the same ingredient may have different sodium content, resulting in higher or lower sodium levels.