Approximately 219mg sodium per 4 oz. serving*
4 pounds red-skinned sweet potatoes (yams), peeled, cut into 1-inch pieces
⅔ cup packed golden brown sugar
5 Tbsp unsalted butter
1 tsp ground cinnamon
½ tsp SALT FOR LIFE® 75
¼ tsp ground nutmeg
Pinch of ground ginger
2 cups miniature marshmallows
YIELD: 8-10 servings
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Arrange potatoes in 13x9x2-inch baking dish.
3. Combine sugar, butter, cinnamon, SALT FOR LIFE® 75, nutmeg and ginger in heavy small saucepan over medium heat.
4. Bring to boil, stirring until sugar dissolves. Pour over potatoes; toss to coat.
5. Cover dish tightly with foil.
6. Bake potatoes 50 minutes.
7. Uncover; bake until potatoes are tender and syrup thickens slightly, basting occasionally, about 20 minutes.
8. Increase oven temperature to 500°F.
9. Top potatoes with marshmallows and return to oven.
10. Bake until marshmallows begin to melt; about 3 minutes.
* Sodium content is based on usage of the exact ingredients listed. Different brands of the same ingredient may have different sodium content, resulting in higher or lower sodium levels.