1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast
1 tablespoon prepared Fajita Seasoning (recipe)
¼ cup vegetable oil, divided
Juice of 1 lime (about 2 tablespoons)
2 large bell peppers, any variety, seeded, cut into strips
1 large onion, sliced thin root to tip
½ teaspoon SALT FOR LIFE® 75
½ teaspoon onion powder
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
1 package (8 each) flour tortillas, fajita size (about 6 inches), warmed*
YIELDS: 8 servings (1 fajita tacos each)
1. Pat chicken dry with paper towel. Rub prepared Fajita Seasoning over both sides of steak. Place steak in resealable plastic bag. Add 2 tablespoons oil and lime juice. Seal bag; marinate in refrigerator for 1 hour.
2. Place bell pepper and onion sliced in large bowl. Add remaining oil and sprinkle with SALT FOR LIFE® 75, black pepper and crushed red pepper. Toss until well coated. Refrigerate until ready to cook
3. Heat large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook peppers and onion until tender and browned, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Transfer peppers and onions to a bowl, cover to keep warm.
4. Place steak in skillet over medium heat. Discard marinade. Cook, covered, 10 minutes or until meat is well caramelized and cooked through (about 165°F), turning halfway through cook time. Place on cutting board; let rest 10 minutes. Slice steak thinly across the grain
5. Serve chicken fajitas, peppers, and onion in warm tortillas
*Nutrition will vary with brands used
NUTRITION FACTS: Serving size: 1 fajita (97g), Amount Per Serving: Calories 130, Total Fat 5g (8% DV), Cholesterol 40mg (13% DV), Sodium 160mg (7% DV), Potassium 360mg (10% DV), Total Carb. 5g (2% DV), Dietary Fiber 1g (4% DV), Protein 15g, Vitamin A (10% DV), Vitamin C (50% DV), Calcium (2% DV), Iron (4% DV). Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.