Thank you to @BostonGorgina for the following recipe submitted to our Boston Blogger Challenge. For more from @BostonGorgina log onto Twitter and Instagram or online at www.anotedlife.com.
2 Chicken Breasts, filleted thinly
6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil for sautéing
¼ cup of Gluten-free Baking Mix
½ cup finely ground almonds or almond flour (healthy breadcrumb alternative)
½ cup grated parmesan cheese
8 oz Pasta (substitute whole wheat or 10 oz of quinoa for healthier alternatives)
½ cup Fat-free Half & Half (heavy whipping cream alternative)
1 juiced lemon
1 garlic clove
½ tsp SALT FOR LIFE® 75
Fresh ground black pepper to taste
Fresh parsley, chopped for garnish
INSTRUCTIONS FOR CHICKEN
1. Mix gluten-free baking mix, almond flour and grated cheese in a shallow plate.
2. While warming 4 tbsp of olive oil in a large pan over medium heat, dip chicken into the remaining olive oil. Then coat on both sides with the flour mixture before placing in the heated pan.
3. Cook on both sides 3 – 6 minutes until crispy.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR PASTA
1. Cook pasta according to instructions while whisking all pasta ingredients in a saucepan over low heat until it thickens.
2. Add to pasta, serve with chicken and garnish with fresh parsley and an extra sprinkle of SALT FOR LIFE® 75 and fresh ground pepper.