½ lb. whole-wheat farfalle pasta
½ tsp SALT FOR LIFE® 75
½ tsp black pepper, cracked
1 clove garlic, minced
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp vegetable oil
¼ cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
3 Tbsp capers
4 – 4-oz. pieces of salmon
Zest of one lemon
2 Tbsp lemon juice, fresh
2 cups spinach
Yield: 4 servings
- Boil pasta according to directions, approximately 10 minutes.
- Strain pasta from water, season and toss with ¼ teaspoon of SALT FOR LIFE® 75, ¼ teaspoon pepper, minced garlic and 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- Heat non-stick sauté pan on medium-high heat with vegetable oil.
- Season salmon with ¼ teaspoon of SALT FOR LIFE® 75 and ¼ teaspoon pepper and cook in pan until about medium to medium-rare (5-7 minutes).
- Combine pasta mixture, basil, capers, lemon juice and zest.
- Portion ½ cup spinach on top of ¼ the pasta mixture onto a plate, mounded in the center.
- Top pasta with 1 piece of salmon.
* Sodium content is based on usage of the exact ingredients listed. Different brands of the same ingredient may have different sodium content, resulting in higher or lower sodium levels.