Holy shrimp that’s good! Mallory S. shares her shrimp over zoodles recipe to whip up for dinner tonight.
For the Shrimp:
8 oz. peeled and deveined jumbo shrimp
1 large egg, beaten
1 tbsp. panko crumbs
1 tbsp. grated parmesan cheese
Fresh black pepper, to taste
For the Zoodles:
1 tsp. olive oil
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 1/4 cups crushed tomatoes
2 medium zucchini (14 oz.), spiralized with the thicker blade, and cut into 6-inch lengths
1 oz. shredded mozzarella cheese (optional)
SALT FOR LIFE® 75, to taste
Pepper, to taste
YIELDS: Serves 2 -4
Preheat oven to 450°F. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
1. Put the beaten egg in one bowl, and the panko crumbs and parmesan cheese in a second bowl.
2. Wash and dry the shrimp. Season lightly with black pepper. Dip shrimp in the bowl with the egg to coat. Coat shrimp with the dry mixture. Place on a baking sheet.
3. Spray the top of the shrimp generously with oil then bake for about 6-7 minutes. Turn shrimp over then cook another 3 minutes.
4. In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook until browned. Add the crushed tomatoes, SALT FOR LIFE® 75 and pepper. Simmer on low 5 to 6 minutes.
5. When the shrimp is done, add the zucchini noodles (“zoodles”) and cook 1 ½ to 2 minutes tops, stirring to combine with sauce.
6. (Optional) Place the cooked shrimp over the zoodles, top with cheese and place under the broiler 1 minute until the cheese melts.