1 pound boneless sirloin steak
1 tablespoon prepared Fajita Seasoning (recipe)
¼ cup vegetable oil, divided
Juice of 1 lime (about 2 tablespoons)
2 large bell peppers, any variety, seeded, cut into strips
1 large onion, sliced thin root to tip
½ teaspoon SALT FOR LIFE® 75
½ teaspoon onion powder
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
1 package (8 each) flour tortillas, fajita size (about 6 inches), warmed *
YIELDS: 8 servings (1 fajita tacos each)
1. Pat steak dry with paper towel. Rub prepared Fajita Seasoning over both sides of steak. Place steak in resealable plastic bag. Add 2 tablespoons oil and lime juice. Seal bag; marinate in refrigerator for 1 hour.
2. Place bell pepper and onion sliced in large bowl. Add remaining oil and sprinkle with SALT FOR LIFE® 75, black pepper and crushed red pepper. Toss until well coated. Refrigerate until ready to cook
3. Heat large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook peppers and onion until tender and browned, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Transfer peppers and onions to a bowl, cover to keep warm.
4. Place steak in skillet over medium heat. Discard marinade. Cook, covered, 10 minutes or until meat is well caramelized and slightly pink in center (about 160°F), turning halfway through cook time. Place on cutting board; let rest 10 minutes. Slice steak thinly across the grain
5. Serve steak fajitas, peppers, and onion in warm tortillas.
*Nutrition will vary with brands used
NUTRITION FACTS: Serving size: 1 fajita (97g), Amount Per Serving: Calories 180, Total Fat 12g (18% DV), Cholesterol 40mg (13% DV), Sodium 140mg (6% DV), Potassium 310mg (9% DV), Total Carb. 5g (2% DV), Dietary Fiber 1g (4% DV), Protein 13g, Vitamin A (10% DV), Vitamin C (50% DV), Calcium (2% DV), Iron (10% DV). Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.