Everyone should have a great-tasting and better-for-you tuna casserole recipe up their sleeve! Try our very own Jennifer B.’s recipe; secret ingredient: SALT FOR LIFE® 75!
3 cups of whole wheat rotini pasta
1 can reduced-fat and reduced-sodium condensed cream of mushroom soup
½ cup non-fat milk
2 tbsp reduced-fat mayonnaise
½ tsp ground mustard
1 jar (6 oz.) sliced mushroom, drained
1 can (5 oz.) albacore white tuna in water
½ cup peas
1 tbsp low-sodium butter, melted
½ tsp paprika
¼ tsp Italian seasoning
SALT FOR LIFE® 75
Freshly ground pepper
YIELDS: 4 servings
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
1. Cook noodles according to package directions.
2. In a large bowl, combine cream of mushroom soup, non-fat milk, mayonnaise and mustard.
3. Stir in mushrooms, tuna and peas.
4. Drain noodles and add soup mixture. Season with SALT FOR LIFE® 75 and pepper, to taste. Stir until blended.
5. Transfer to an 8-inch square oven-safe dish coated with cooking spray.
6. Combine butter, SALT FOR LIFE® 75 and pepper to taste, paprika and Italian seasoning and sprinkle over casserole.
7. Bake at 400 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly.