Thank you to @bliu07 for the following recipe submitted to our Boston Blogger Challenge. For more from @bliu07, log onto Twitter and Instagram or online at www.bettysliu.com.
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 cup chopped white onion
1 garlic clove, smashed
Kernels from 2 ears of corn (or 1.5 cups frozen corn kernels, with some reserved for garnish)
3 cups water or broth
1.5 teaspoon SALT FOR LIFE® 75
1 fresh serrano chile, coarsely chopped
2 ripe avocados, pitted and diced
Juice of 1 lime
1. Heat oil in a saucepan.
2. Add in and onions and cook for 5-7 minutes, until soft and translucent.
3. Add in garlic and corn.
4. Add broth and SALT FOR LIFE® 75. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer. Cook for 10-15 minutes.
5. Pour into the container of a blender. Add serrano pepper and blend.
6. Strain through a fine-mesh sieve.
7. Return broth to blender and add avocados and lime juice in.
8. Blend again, then either chill or serve immediately.
9. Garnish with sautéed corn, and dots of olive oil.