Chili with Beans

< Back to Recipes

INGREDIENTS

1 pound lean ground beef (85%)
1 can (8 oz.) tomato sauce, no salt added
3 cups water
1 can (16 oz.) reduced sodium dark red kidney beans, drained
1 can (16 oz.) reduced sodium pinto beans, drained
¼ cup corn flour
¼ cup chili powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 ½ teaspoon SALT FOR LIFE® 75
1 tablespoon cornstarch, mixed with 1 tablespoon water

YIELDS: 7 servings (1 cup ea.)

DIRECTIONS

1. Brown beef in large saucepan over medium-high heat; drain

2. Add tomato sauce, water, and beans. Bring to a boil

3. Meanwhile whisk together corn flour, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, pepper, and SALT FOR LIFE® 75 in small bowl. Stir into beef mixture until well blended

4. Simmer on medium heat about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in cornstarch mixture; heat until thickened, about 2 minutes.

NUTRITION FACTS: Serving size: 1 cup (220g), Amount Per Serving: Calories 180, Total Fat 5g (8% DV), Cholesterol 25mg (8% DV), Sodium 310mg (13% DV), Potassium 600mg (17% DV), Total Carb. 20g (7% DV), Dietary Fiber 6g (24% DV), Protein 14g, Vitamin A (20% DV), Vitamin C (2% DV), Calcium (6% DV), Iron (15% DV).  Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.