Hook’em & cook’em! From the ocean to the store, make your own Dilled Salmon Salad with our very own Marie J.’s recipe.
1 20 oz. salmon filet
1 tsp. olive oil
⅓ cup diced red onion
3 tbsp. champagne vinegar
¼ cup low fat crème fraiche
1 tbsp. fresh chopped dill
½ tsp. SALT FOR LIFE® 75
½ tsp. freshly ground pepper
2 tbsp. capers (optional)
YIELDS: 4 - 6 servings
Pre-heat the oven to 425 degrees
1. On a baking sheet, line with aluminum foil. Place salmon on foil, drizzle olive oil and rub evenly onto the salmon. Season with SALT FOR LIFE® 75 and pepper to taste. Bake salmon all the way through (10 – 17 minutes).
2. Once fully baked, transfer salmon to a plate and let cool for 5 minutes. Refrigerate uncovered for at least 2 hours.
3. Stir onion and vinegar in a large bowl and let sit for 15 minutes.
4. Flake the chilled salmon into small pieces and place in the onion-vinegar mixture.
5. Add remaining ingredients and gently stir to combine. Taste and season with additional SALT FOR LIFE® 75 and pepper as needed.