Approximately 170mg of sodium per 1/2 cup serving*
This Tomato Basil Soup hits the spot for a light supper. It will entice you to plant a little basil in your garden this spring.
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 small onion, chopped ( about ½ cup)
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
2 teaspoons granulated sugar
1 teaspoon SALT FOR LIFE® 75
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 can (28 oz.) tomato puree, no salt added
1 ½ cups chicken stock, unsalted
5 basil leaves, chopped
1 tablespoon butter, unsalted
YIELDS: 4 servings, 1 cup serving size
1. Heat olive oil in medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion, cook about 2 to 3 minutes until softened
2. Stir in garlic, sugar, SALT FOR LIFE® 75 and pepper. Cook 3 minutes or until onions are translucent
3. Add tomato puree and chicken stock. Cook about 5 minutes
4. Add basil and butter. Stir until butter has melted. Simmer 10 minutes to develop flavor
NUTRITION FACTS: Serving size: 1/2 cup (220g), Amount Per Serving: Calories 110, Total Fat 4.5g (7% DV), Cholesterol 5mg (2% DV), Sodium 170mg (7% DV), Potassium 830mg (24% DV), Total Carb. 15g (5% DV), Dietary Fiber 3g (12% DV), Protein 4g, Vitamin A (15% DV), Vitamin C (25% DV), Calcium (4% DV), Iron (15% DV). Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Sodium content is based on usage of the exact ingredients listed. Different brands of the same ingredient may have different sodium content, resulting in higher or lower sodium levels.