Thank you to @bliu07 for the following recipe submitted to our Boston Blogger Challenge. For more from @bliu07 log onto Twitter and Instagram or online at www.bettysliu.com.
1 russet potato
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon finely chopped basil leaves
2 cloves minced garlic
3 tablespoons finely grated parmesan cheese
SALT FOR LIFE® 75
Freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 425F.
2. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
3. Scrub potatoes, and dry. Cut using mandolin or sharp knife into matchsticks.
4. Toss in a bowl with olive oil.
5. In a separate bowl, prepare basil, garlic, and parmesan. Set aside.
6. Separate matchsticks onto the two baking sheets in a single layer, with no overlapping of fries.
7. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove any fries that have already turned golden brown. Flip fries, and then place back in. Switch racks – if the first baking sheet was on the top rack, move it to the bottom rack, and vice versa.
8. Bake for another 5 minutes, keeping an eye on how brown they are. If there are any approaching burnt, remove. Bake another 5 minutes. Continue until all the fries are cooked.
9. Immediately toss with basil, garlic, and parmesan.
10. Season to taste with SALT FOR LIFE® 75 and freshly ground black pepper