Approximately 57mg sodium per dinner roll*
2 cups very warm water
1 packet yeast
¼ cup honey
1 tsp SALT FOR LIFE® 75
1 tsp baking powder
4 ½ cups flour
½ stick unsalted butter, melted
YIELD: 20 dinner rolls
Preheat oven to 350°F
1. In a mixing bowl, combine water, yeast and honey. Gently stir until honey dissolves.
2. Place the bowl on stove top and cover with a dry towel. Let bowl sit untouched for 15 minutes.
3. After 15 minutes, mixture should appear slightly foamy.
4. Combine SALT FOR LIFE® 75, baking powder and flour, and stir until incorporated. Transfer liquid mixture to an electric mixer if you have one. If you don't have a mixer, knead dough by hand in a large bowl for about 3 to 5 minutes.
5. If using an electric mixer, use dough hook attachment and mix on low speed, gradually adding ½ cup of flour at a time, until you've reached 4 ½ cups. Mix on low until the flour is incorporated. Once the flour is incorporated, mix on medium speed for 2 to 3 minutes. The dough hook does the kneading for you.
6. Once you've finished kneading the dough, transfer to a lightly floured surface and sprinkle with flour.
7. Shape the ball of dough into a rectangle and cut into 4 even strips. Then cut and shape into 20 balls of dough. Cut an x on top of each ball.
8. Grease a 9x13 pan with butter and place balls of dough evenly into the pan.
9. Brush with melted butter. Then place pan into the preheated oven.
10. Immediately after you close the oven door, increase the temperature to 400°F and bake for 17 to 19 minutes or until golden brown.
11. Break apart dinner rolls and serve warm.
* Sodium content is based on usage of the exact ingredients listed. Different brands of the same ingredient may have different sodium content, resulting in higher or lower sodium levels.