Thank you to @bliu07 for the following recipe submitted to our Boston Blogger Challenge. For more from @bliu07 log onto Twitter and Instagram or online at www.bettysliu.com.
Toasted sourdough bread slices
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 cups mushroom
SALT FOR LIFE® 75
Freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup water or chicken broth
Red pepper flakes
2 stalks scallions, chopped, with white-green parts sliced thinly for garnish
1 tablespoons Greek yogurt (can omit if wanted)
1. Heat a cast iron skillet over medium high heat. Add olive oil and let it heat up.
2. Add mushrooms in batches, making sure no overlap occurs. Cook without stirring for about 3 minutes. Mushrooms should sear and become deep golden brown. Flip them and sear other side for 1-2 minutes.
3. Add chopped scallions and season with SALT FOR LIFE® 75 and pepper.
4. Add in ¼ cup broth and cook until reduced by half, about 2-3 minutes.
5. Turn off heat, then stir in Greek yogurt.
6. Spoon over toast. Top with reserved scallion and red pepper flakes.